Monday, October 19, 2009

Sacrifice and Perspective

There are a lot of things I could write about at the moment, but I'll stick to one simple truth for now. I've been thinking a lot about the idea of sacrifice, and trusting God with ALL things, and acknowledging that perhaps I on my own am simply not enough to do the things he has asked me to do. And I realized that all of these things that I've been thinking about, and wrestling with, and to be compeltely honest, feeling a bit sorry for myself over, make a lot more sense when you look at them from a different perspective.

My life isn't mine. It's that simple.

"So here's what I want you to do, GOd helping you: Take your everyday, ordinary life- your sleeping, eating, going-to-work, and walking-around life- and place it before God as an offering. Embracing what God does for you in the best thing you can do for him. Don't become so well-adjusted to your culture that you fit into it without even thinking. Instead, fix your attention on God. You'll be changed from the inside out. Readily recognize what he wants from you, and quickly respond to it. Unlike the culture around you, always dragging you down to its level of immaturity, God brings the best out of you, develops well-formed maturity in you." (The Message Romans 12)

It's really that simple. In light of a perspective like that, my sacrifices aren't just managable, but they make perfect sense. And with a God like that, I can't help but be excited, expectant, and so filled with hope I don't know what to do with it all sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
I am currently traveling across Canada with Beautiful Unique Girl. It's a conference type deal that goes across the country speaking to girls about their beauty, self-confidence, protecting this beauty, walking in freedom, and living with purpose. I am a speaker and a musical artist on this tour. I started writing this blog to keep in touch with some of my friends who are overseas, and some who are back at home, and keep whoever cares generally updated with what's going on on the road.