Monday, February 8, 2010

Reading makes me think about other things...

God strips himself bare and comes as a man with no possessions, no reputation, no 'wow factor.' Why? Because we humans love a good show. We love celebrities for their style. We love politicians for their policies. We love athletes for their ability to perform. And there's nothing wrong with that. But God didn't want to be perceived by his creation, by his people, as yet another public figure. Love reduced to appeal of the eye and the mind was not the kind of love he was looking for. He wanted us to fall in love with HIM. Just HIM. Nothing else. Not the package, not the presentation. Simply who he was. So he stripped himself down. He stripped himself of his glory because he knew people couldn't handle it. He didn't want people to fall in love with the 'wow.' He didn't want us to fall in love with yet another show. I love the most basic God who ever offered himself to man kind and live according to a very basic truth. I love my father and the father loves me. No show here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
I am currently traveling across Canada with Beautiful Unique Girl. It's a conference type deal that goes across the country speaking to girls about their beauty, self-confidence, protecting this beauty, walking in freedom, and living with purpose. I am a speaker and a musical artist on this tour. I started writing this blog to keep in touch with some of my friends who are overseas, and some who are back at home, and keep whoever cares generally updated with what's going on on the road.